Have you been thinking about selling your Tampa Bay home, but think your curb appeal may need a little help? Here are 5 inexpensive ideas which should cost you under $100 each that will help you stand out from the other homes on the market. Remember, a buyer mentally decides within 8 seconds of seeing a home’s exterior whether they are interested or not. It is imperative to make the first impression a great one!
1. Paint Your Front Door, Trim, and Shutters on Your House. A bucket of paint might cost you $40! Look at the amazing difference!
2. Install New House Numbers. For only about $6 per number, you can give your home some fresh curb appeal by adding sleek looking house numbers – and make it easier to find the house for showings!
3. Replace Exterior Light Fixtures. Okay, so in this one they added a planter too. But considering most outdoor wall lights are $40-60, you’ll have money leftover for a new festive plant!
4. Upgrade your Landscaping with new plants, flower beds & mulch. Buying some colorful new plants and flowers, and adding new mulch can instantly change your home’s curb appeal. You can often even find mulch for free if you check sites like Craigslist and a few impatiens or marigolds from the local garden center are colorful and inexpensive.
5. Change the hardware on your front door. By simply updating your door handle, door knocker and locks, you can drastically change the whole look of your front door for about $100.
Now if you have more than $100 to spend, we suggest doing all 5 projects and making your home’s curb appeal pale in comparison to the other homes on the market! Look how in the example below, they removed the old outer door, painted the inner door black, updated the light fixtures and door hardware, and added house numbers and planters. Voila! It looks amazing! Which entrance would make YOU want to buy this house?
Want more ideas for DIY projects to update your home? Check out my Pinterest page and check out some of my favorite design ideas!
Leave a Reply