Many people have the idea that Spring or Summer is the best time to list a home for sale. While this may be the case for Northern states because it’s icy and snowing right now, that is most certainly not the case here in Florida. Snowbirds are here from Northern states looking to buy. Families are looking to buy. Here are some reasons you may not want to wait to list your home!
Realtors increasingly are calling past clients to find homes to sell and are even knocking on doors asking owners if they want to list their homes. Multiple offers are becoming more common, creating bidding wars that are driving up prices. Inventory is extremely low in Hillsborough and Pinellas Counties – down to just 3 month’s supply. Below a 6 month supply means we are in a Seller’s Market.
Nationally, rising prices mean that 1.4 million people can now sell their home, people who had previously been underwater — that is, their mortgage had been worth more than their home’s market value — according to a recent study by CoreLogic.
There’s something to the notion that a new year is about change. Change is exciting, and many people decide this is the time to get out there are start looking at homes to buy in the New Year.
Buyers are out there actively looking because interest rates are still low. Since the beginning of January, the Jamason Team has picked up over 10 new buyers. Buyer’s know now is the time to buy, before rates go up as they are expected to. Many of these buyers are struggling to find homes out there, because the inventory of homes is so light right now. Perhaps your home could be the one for them!
To give a few examples of the buyers that are in the market for a new home, the Jamason Team is currently working with these buyers. If you might have something – call us! Even if your home doesn’t match any of the criteria below – we can get it sold. We’ll prepare a Market Analysis to show you what your home could sell for in today’s market.
- Shaun – wants a home in Largo, Seminole or St. Petersburg up to $160K. Prefers a 3 bed 2 bath but will look at a smaller home. Must have a garage.
- Tracy – wants a home on water with dock/lift up to $1.1 Million. Prefers updated style with 3,000 sq. ft. or more. Open to most areas in Pinellas County.
- Rob – wants a home on or near water in St. Pete up to $650K. At least 3 bedrooms.
- Mario – wants a condo or villa that is updated and clean in St. Pete, Clearwater or somewhere in between. Up to $250K.
- Tim – wants a waterfront home under $350K in Pinellas County. Prefers at least 3 bedrooms and somewhat updated.
- Erica – wants a 3 bedroom or larger home in St. Petersburg up to $250K. Prefers somewhat updated.
- Howard – wants a condo or townhome with at least 3 bedrooms up to $400K in Pinellas County.
- Matt – wants a newer home in Hillsborough County up to $250K. Likes New Tampa and Riverview, Valrico, Brandon areas.
- Ty – wants a home in Hillsborough County up to $1.2M. Needs 3,000 sq. ft. or more and at least 4 bedrooms.
- Tom – wants a property with direct Gulf or Bay access that can handle a 32 ft. boat.